Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The 2 Days with Bees


I spent 2 days getting rid of the hive and bees from the window ,,,, I had to unscrew the hinges from one of the shutters from the inside and push the bolts holding it in place out to let the shutter drop to the ground ,,, taking half the hive and a lot of bees with it . They were very angry little bees ,,, and came back in their thousands to protect the hive . I drilled holes through the window and squirted soapy water at them and put a blow heater on the inside of the glass to melt the wax to make it fall away ,,, with a lot of help from constant thumping with a hammer to jiggle it loose ... If only I had time to film it ,,, As it was a perfect safe way to shoots bees from inside and a laminated glass window between them and you . They had some interesting reactions to the impending break up of the wax . They all held together with their feet and made little line of bodies like safety ropes to hold it all together ,,,,,, But I had to keep going ,,, There was no way I was going to let them stay .
It took me two days to get it safe enough to get up on the tower and work next to what was left . I had to light a very smoky fire below and worked in continuous smoke to avoid being stung , There were quite a few still buzzing around , You just had to refrain from smacking them when they landed on your neck . I believe that if you acted scared and ran for it they would attack you .... any way it was a bit hard to run for it on a 3 meter ladder on top of a 6 meter tower .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennie says......you're too late they've already made the "B" film!!!